Home Insurance Florida | Your porch light is on, the bowl of candy is ready, and your cat whiskers are drawn just so. You’re waiting and waiting until - there it is - your doorbell rings. It’s your first trick-or-treater!
Halloween can be a candy-filled triumph filled with costumes and laughter, but there’s a lot of preparation that goes into making it a safe one. Not only should you be frightened of the monsters and goblins that lurk in the darkness, but of the potential gaps in your Halloween preparation or even your homeowners insurance as well! A scary time, indeed.
How can you keep your home safe for trick-or-treaters and other visitors?
Halloween can be fraught with potential home insurance claims – fire hazards, visitor injuries, or even vandalism. Here are some quick and easy tips to help keep you and your candy-loving visitors safe:
- Help prevent tripping injuries. Remove exposed extension cords and any fallen broomsticks.
- Make sure your walkway is well-lit.
- Is your inflatable pumpkin a hazard if it deflates? If it could potentially fall into a walkway or sidewalk, it’s best to move it.
- Like spooky lighting? Consider battery-operated candles instead of a real flame.
- When creating your jack-o-lantern, use pumpkin-carving kits and work in a well-lit area to help prevent injury.
- Keep your pets away from visitors. They may be frightened of those realistic costumes, too, hurting another while protecting you!
Is It Time to Give Your Home Insurance Policy a Halloween Makeover?
As the gateway to the holiday season, Halloween is a great time to review your homeowners policy to make sure that you have the coverage you need. Here are some potential gaps you may have looked over:
It’s the beginning of a busy holiday season, starting with trick-or-treaters knocking at your door and ending with friends and family singing Auld Lang Syne to ring in the new year. Enjoy it safely!
Looking for cheap home insurance in Pensacola, Florida? Contact American Integrity Insurance today or find an agent here!
American Integrity Insurance is committed to providing Florida homeowners with sound, comprehensive insurance coverage and an extraordinary customer experience. We strive to be a valued partner to our policyholders, agents, and community.
We offer traditional and high valued homeowners insurance, condo insurance, renters insurance, and the special coverage required for vacant homes, manufactured homes, and policies designed for those who need less coverage or are renting out their home. We also offer extra protection, including flood insurance, umbrella insurance, golf cart insurance, boat insurance, cyber coverage and identity theft protection as well as equipment breakdown coverage, to help address a broad range of needs facing Florida homeowners today.