If you have ever had water damage, you know it can be a challenging time. A puddle at best and nearly a body of water at worst; it ruins not only your day, but your carpet and anything else in its path as well. What could be worse?
Always keep your insurance company in the loop to help ensure you maintain control of your claims process and contractors don’t inadvertently make it more challenging.
As a reminder, it’s illegal for roofing contractors to solicit customers. Also, review contracts carefully and be aware that some contracts include a “letter of protection” clause.
Follow These Tips to Avoid Getting Scammed
- Call in your claim right away.
- Don’t sign contracts you don’t fully understand.
- Beware of anyone who solicits your business.
- Beware of anyone who offers to replace anything for free.
- To provide the best service, we have partnered with Hancock Claims Consultants to assist you with finding a contractor to help with repairs of all types.