For the same reason you wouldn’t buy identical insurance for a car and a motorcycle, you need the right coverage for the different types of homes you own. Dwelling policies are ideal for vacation homes, investment properties, vacant homes, rental homes, or for those on a tight budget. Since dwelling policies provide less coverage than a traditional homeowners insurance policy, they’re also easier on your wallet.
We offer two different types of dwelling policies: DP-3 or DP-1
DP-3 Coverage Overview
DP-3 covered homes can be either vacant, owner-occupied, or tenant occupied. This makes DP-3 policies ideal for vacation homes, rental homes, investment properties, and more.
Offering more robust coverage, DP-3 policies protect against all sources of loss except a few exclusions that are named in the policy, like flooding. The other differentiator between dwelling policies is how repairs are paid out. Should covered loss occur, DP-3 policies provide repairs at the structural replacement cost, or what it would cost to rebuild using similar materials.
DP-1 Coverage Overview
We offer two DP-1 policies depending on whether the home is vacant or occupied. Our DP-1 policies are ideal if any of these situations apply to you:
- I’m only looking for basic coverage on my home for worst case scenarios like fires or hurricanes.
- I own a rental property, but am in-between tenants to occupy the home.
- I am trying to sell my house and have already moved out of it.
- A relative of mine passed away and left me their home. I’m not currently living in it, and I haven’t decided what I’m going to do with it.
- I own a property for investment purposes, but don’t intend on living in it or renting it out.
- I will be out of town for an extended period of time.
As a less costly option, DP-1 policies offer protection against perils named in the policy, like windstorms, fire and lightning, hail, electrical damage, and more. DP-1 policies cover the whole house for its actual cash value - this means that claims payouts will deduct depreciation.
Talk to an American Integrity Agent today to learn more about our Dwelling Policies!
Find an Agent