Home Insurance Quote Fl. | In this day and age, almost everything we do involves our digital footprint. Whether you’re banking online, shopping, or even purchasing insurance, entering your personal information is usually a necessity. Unfortunately, as quickly as we have adapted to technology, so have criminals.
Viruses, malware, spyware, ransomware, bots and more – you may not know the difference between these terms, but they all mean your software and/or device is under attack, putting your files and personal information at great risk. During the May 2017 Wannacry ransomware attack, hundreds of thousands of computers were infected and made vulnerable for hackers to ransom users’ data and personal information in exchange for a cash value. This type of attack along with others will reportedly hit a cost of $6 trillion annually by 2021, according to CSO (csoonline.com), a site that provides news and analysis of security and risk management.
Tips on How to Protect Yourself Online
The key to keeping your personal information safe is knowing what steps to take to protect it. Here are a few tips you can follow to protect yourself online:
- Guard Your Personal Information- Free puppy when you enter your Social? Probably not.
- Don’t overshare- Not everyone needs to know where you and your cousin went to lunch.
- Make it difficult- 1234password is not a password.
- Beware of fake online contests or giveaways- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- If you fall prey to a scam, report it- Don’t fall for it, but if you do, ensure that others don’t as well.
Cyber Coverage with American Integrity Insurance
We truly appreciate the opportunity to protect our customers’ homes and personal belongings, and we are excited to announce the launch of our new Cyber Coverage! American Integrity is the first personal lines insurance company in Florida, and one of the few in the entire nation, to provide customers with a single, comprehensive product that provides up to $25,000 in protection against cyber-attacks, cyber extortion events, and online fraud events. Here are situations in which you could be covered by our new cyber endorsement:
- Computer Attacks- Computer attacks include unauthorized access or use of a device by unauthorized persons including any damage to your device, system, or data.
- Home Systems Attack- A home systems attack refers to a cyber-attack against smart devices in your home that are connected to the internet including smart phones, thermostats, smart appliances, and security systems.
- Cyber Extortion Event- Cyber extortion events include situations where there is a demand for money based on a credible threat to damage your device or an offer to restore functionality in connection with an attack on your device.
- Online Fraud- Online fraud is a form of identity theft or the unauthorized use of a card or card number associated with your bank account where you experience a direct financial loss.
For more information about this important coverage and Home Insurance Quotes Fl. contact your American Integrity Insurance agent today.