Homeowners Insurance Florida | Purchasing your Florida renters insurance policy might not be on your “Top Ten” list of fun things to do, but it doesn’t have to be a lengthy or tedious process, thanks to our online quoting tool. And with monthly prices as low as the cost of a couple movie tickets, why wouldn’t you want to ensure your possessions are protected?
What is renters insurance?
Renters insurance is protection for your personal effects. Along with loss or damage due to theft, fire, vandalism, some types of water losses, and other perils, it also covers temporary living expenses and certain medical/legal fees.
Who needs renters insurance?
You might be asking yourself, do I really have enough “stuff” to need renters insurance? The short answer is yes - imagine losing all your belongings at once – your laptop, smart phone, TV, appliances, clothes and more. Then imagine having to pay to replace all of them at once. If an unfortunate event were to occur, you’ll be extremely thankful that you spent a few extra dollars on protecting your possessions.
What does renters insurance cover?
Aside from covering your personal property, your renters policy can also cover your living expenses if your apartment is deemed uninhabitable due to a covered loss. Personal Liability coverage is used when a claim is made for bodily injury or property damage for which you are legally responsible. Whether it’s a friend or a stranger, if someone were to get injured while on your rental property, you could be liable for the cost of his/her injuries. The personal liability coverage associated with renters insurance can cover the amount that you are liable up to the amount of coverage that you selected when you purchased your policy.
What if I move to a new rental?
American Integrity offers flexibility when it comes to your renters policy. If you move to a new, qualifying residence, you may continue on the same policy. Your rate will be adjusted accordingly based on your new location.
What if I need more coverage?
Each insurance company offers a different variety of extra coverages, or endorsements. We offer the following additional coverages for your American Integrity Renters Policy:
- Scheduled Personal Property - Extra insurance for the valuables you own, such as jewelry, cameras, fine arts, firearms, or antiques
- Home Computer - Select from $1,000 to a maximum limit of $20,000 in extra coverage for computers and related equipment
- Identity Recovery - Expense reimbursement, restoration and support services related to a covered identity theft
- Personal Property Replacement Cost - Insure your items without depreciation
- Assisted Living Facility - Coverage for qualified non-resident relatives regularly residing in an Assisted Living Care facility
- Increased Storage - Coverage for your personal belongings located in a self-storage facility
There are so many benefits of renters insurance coverage, getting a quote just makes sense! Our new renters instant quote tool allows you to get a quote and purchase your policy online in just a few easy steps. For more information about a Florida renters policy or affordable home insurance, you can also contact your American Integrity Insurance agent today.