Homeowners Insurance Quote | When it comes to home maintenance, most people think about chores inside their house. But curb appeal is also a significant part of your home’s worth, so it’s important to ensure that your home’s exterior is equally as impressive as its interior. Your underground sprinkler system is one feature of your home which you can easily inspect and maintain yourself, saving you time and money in the long run.
If you built your home, you likely spent a fair amount of money installing a sprinkler system. At the same time, if you purchased an older home with a system already installed, it can be extremely costly to replace a neglected home irrigation system. Avoid sprinkler surprises by performing a regular inspection and a few simple adjustments.
The tips below will walk you through a basic home sprinkler inspection:
- Turn It On and Take Notes - Manually run your sprinkler system through each zone. Walk the property through each cycle and note any areas that need attention.
- Adjust Water Wasters - If you have sprinklers that are spraying sidewalks or trees, adjust the heads to a more desired area. Take special care to make sure they are not spraying the house, especially windows, as this can lead to leaks and water damage to your home.
- Unclog Inefficient Heads - Since sprinkler heads live at ground level, they are highly susceptible to clogs from plants, dirt and insects. A simple scrub and flush can loosen up debris that might be causing blockages.
- Replace Damaged Heads - If you have pooling in any area or a sprinkler head that won’t rise out of the ground, it should be replaced. Not only is your lawn suffering, but costly water is being wasted and pooling water can be a mosquito breeding ground.
Other sprinkler maintenance tasks that should be handled by a professional include:
- Seasonal shut-down and start-up
- Inspecting the water pressure
- Installing a rain sensor
- Testing the backflow
While some of these tasks may only need to be performed once or twice a year, your home sprinkler system should be inspected on a regular basis to ensure your systems are properly functioning and conserve your water supply.
Related Post: Go Green This Spring
Get a new home insurance quote today. It is free and easy and can help you ensure that you are adequately covered in the event of a loss. Visit American Integrity Insurance a free, no obligation homeowners insurance quote in Florida.
American Integrity Insurance is committed to providing Florida homeowners with sound, comprehensive insurance coverage and an extraordinary customer experience. We strive to be a valued partner to our policyholders, agents, and community.
We offer traditional and high valued homeowners insurance, condo insurance, renters insurance, and the special coverage required for vacant homes, manufactured homes, and policies designed for those who need less coverage or are renting out their home. We also offer extra protection, including flood insurance, umbrella insurance, golf cart insurance, boat insurance, cyber coverage and identity theft protection as well as equipment breakdown coverage, to help address a broad range of needs facing Florida homeowners today.