Boat Insurance Florida | Florida is named “The Sunshine State” for a very good reason. Floridians can enjoy boating year-round, which could be the reason there are nearly one million registered boats in our state! With all that fun in the sun, it’s a good idea to make sure you’ve got great protection on the water – and we don’t just mean sunscreen!
Related Post: Do I Need Boat Insurance?
When deciding what type of boat owner coverage you need, there are several questions you should ask your insurance agent. Below are five of the most important.
What type of protection can I get?
The American Integrity Insurance Boat Owner Policy covers small watercraft up to 30 feet in length. Sailboats, pontoons, cruisers and bass boats are eligible. Additionally, we offer coverage for personal watercrafts such as jet skis and wave runners.
What other coverages are available?
At American Integrity Insurance, we know that insurance is not a one size fits all product. In addition to coverage for your boat, you can also add on various optional coverages to suit your needs. These include:
- Bahamas Coverage: Cruising limits to the Bahamas may be extended. This requires approval and a satellite navigation system installed in your boat.
- Mechanical Breakdown Coverage is available as an add-on when you purchase hull and towing coverage through American Integrity Insurance.
- Medical Payments are available up to $10,000.
- Personal Effects Coverage is available up to $10,000 for property damage to personal effects.
- Supplemental Liability for Rentals: When you rent a similar boat to the one covered on your policy, American Integrity Insurance offers supplemental liability for the rental.
What kind of discounts are offered?
Insurance coverage is always a balance between quality coverage and cost. To help, American Integrity Insurance offers the following discounts:
- Multi-Program Discount (for American Integrity home or condo policyholders)
- State Certified Safety Course
- United States Power Squadron Safety Course
- United States Coast Guard Auxiliary Safety Course
- United States Coast Guard Captain's License
- No Prior Insurance Surcharge
- Experience Factor
What happens if my boat breaks down while I’m out at sea?
American Integrity Insurance offers a cost-effective 24/7 towing endorsement package.
How far can I go out to sea?
American Integrity Insurance customers enjoy a cruising limit of up to 75 miles off the coast of U.S. and Canada coastal waters. The Great Lakes and Inland Waters are also included in our cruising limit.
If you are ready to purchase coverage for your boat, your American Integrity agent can help you make a more informed decision about your boat insurance policy. Visit American Integrity Insurance to learn more about boat insurance in Florida and contact an agent today.
American Integrity Insurance is committed to providing Florida homeowners with sound, comprehensive insurance coverage and an extraordinary customer experience. We strive to be a valued partner to our policyholders, agents, and community.
We offer traditional and high valued homeowners insurance, condo insurance, renters insurance, and the special coverage required for vacant homes, manufactured homes, and policies designed for those who need less coverage or are renting out their home. We also offer extra protection, including flood insurance, umbrella insurance, golf cart insurance, boat insurance, cyber coverage and identity theft protection as well as equipment breakdown coverage, to help address a broad range of needs facing Florida homeowners today.