Tampa, Fla. – October 30, 2017 – October is here, which means it’s time to plan for your spooktacular Halloween festivities. The widely celebrated holiday brings ghoulish fun with masks, candy, and trick or treaters, but with it also comes a spike in overall crime rates every year and your home can be a potential target for sinister behavior. American Integrity Insurance provides coverage for not only your home, but your personal belongings as well. Review the tips below to prepare for the approaching holiday.
To protect your home from Halloween theft or damage:
- Turn on outside lights- Lights around the house indicate that the home is not vacant, making it less likely for the house to become a target.
- Keep vehicles safe- Damage to vehicles can be avoided by keeping them out of sight.
- Don’t leave loose items lying around- Leaving items or decorations in the yard increases the tripping hazard on your property.
- Show trick or treaters the way to a specific door- A well-lit or decorated walkway to the front door can keep trick or treaters on track.
- Have candy handy- Having candy by the door avoids having to leave the front door unattended to go back inside to get the desired treats.
- Monitor the front door- Know who is at the door before opening it.
- Try to avoid using candles for decorations- Large quantities of candles can make for a spooky effect, but they are also a severe fire hazard.
Be sure you’re insured- Make sure you have enough liability or theft coverage in case people or things go bump in the night in your home.
For more information, visit the American Integrity Insurance Group website, email email@example.com, or call 866-968-8390.
About American Integrity Insurance Group (American Integrity)
American Integrity Insurance is the fifth largest Florida domiciled residential property insurer with more than 275,000 customers and represented by more than 900 independent agents. The Tampa-based company offers sound and comprehensive property insurance solutions, including traditional home insurance and coverage for vacant homes, condominiums, manufactured homes, dwelling fire, umbrella, golf cart and X-Wind policies.
Visit and connect with AIIG on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest or Instagram.