Dwelling Property 1 (DP-1)

A DP-1 policy is ideal for you if:

  • You have a vacant property.
  • You own a rental property and are on a very tight budget.

Rental dwelling property

Our most basic policy is a dwelling property 1 (DP-1). Like our dwelling property 3 (DP-3) policy, it’s ideal for Florida homeowners who are renting out their home and are on a very tight budget. Since a DP-1 policy provides the least amount of coverage, it’s also the cheapest.

The DP-1 insurance policy is a “named perils” policy. This means that all the perils that are insured are listed, or named, in the policy itself. This differs from our DP-3 and standard homeowners policy forms, which insure against all perils with the exception of a few exclusions listed in the policy, like flooding. A DP-1 policy is an “actual cash value” policy, which means depreciation will be deducted from any damages you are awarded after a claim.

We do offer the option to add on coverage, like personal liability and medical payments, to this very basic policy. Be sure to let your agent know if you have a fire alarm or a sprinkler system as you may qualify for a discount helping you to decrease the cost of your premium further.

Our Florida vacant home insurance, which is specifically designed for unoccupied homes in Florida, is also written on our dwelling property 1 (DP-1) policy form.

A Vacant Home = A Vulnerable Home

If your vacant home or investment property is damaged and you’re not around to hear it, does it make a sound? Well, we’re not philosophers, but we’re fairly certain that you’ll make a sound when you discover the damage.

One of the biggest risks facing your vacant home is simply that there is no one present to identify small issues before they turn into major losses, such as damages from:

  • Vandals, thieves and squatters
  • Lightning
  • Fire
  • An undetected water leak

Our Vacant Home Policy can give you peace of mind when you own an unoccupied home.

TIP: A standard homeowners policy (HO-3) is priced for the risks which accompany an owner-occupied home, while a vacant home presents different risks and more vulnerability. Having the wrong policy type could affect your premium, coverage, or even acceptance of a claim.

American Integrity Insurance is one of less than a handful of Florida home insurance companies that write vacant homes. As a vacant home insurance specialist, we’ll help you protect your “empty nest” while it’s unoccupied – giving you the peace of mind you need and deserve.

Do you need a vacant home policy? Let your agent know if any of these situations apply to you.

  • I own a rental property, but am in-between tenants to occupy the home.
  • I am trying to sell my house and have already moved out of it.
  • A relative of mine passed away and left me their home. I’m not currently living in it, and I haven’t decided what I’m going to do with it.
  • I own a property for investment purposes, but don’t intend on living in it or renting it out.
  • I will be out of town for an extended period of time.

A long-term policy with a short-term option.

  • This named-peril policy is for 12 months, but it can be cancelled – at no penalty – after just three months.
  • Covered losses are replaced at actual cash value, with a deduction for depreciation.
  • Payment plans are available and policies are eligible for wind mitigation discounts.

Our X-Wind insurance is available for our homeowners, condo, dwelling fire and vacant home products. X-Wind policies exclude coverage for damage caused by wind, hail, tornadoes, hurricanes and tropical storms. Contact your American Integrity Insurance Agent for further details.